Memphis Car Accident Attorney
Call (901) 451-8833 to learn your rights after an accident!
In Shelby County alone, there were 37,334 crashes in 2016. Out of those, 28,113 caused property damage only, but 9,086 resulted in injury and 135 were fatal. Accidents happen every day, for a variety of reasons, but most of them are avoidable. The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security compiled data revealing that the most common causes of traffic crashes in Shelby County are related to human error. For example, in 2016:
- 6,563 crashes were caused by inattentive drivers
- 4,853 crashes were caused by failure to yield the right of way
- 4,702 crashes were caused by vehicles following behind other vehicles improperly
- 4,469 crashes were caused by careless or erratic driving
In fact, calling them “accidents” is a bit of a misnomer, since this word implies that no one is at fault. Most collisions are caused by some act of negligence, carelessness, or willful disregard for the safety of others. If this happened to you, we invite you to contact the Memphis car accident lawyers at Reaves Law Firm today so you can learn your legal rights and options.
Why choose Reaves Law Firm for your car accident case?
Attorney Henry Reaves, founder of Reaves Law Firm, was formerly an insurance defense attorney working for one of the largest insurance defense firms in the South. This experience allowed him to gain an in-depth understanding of how adjusters and insurance companies think and operate, to the benefit of his personal injury clients. Some of the other benefits of choosing Reaves Law Firm include:
- We take calls 24/7
- We will finance your case
- We are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- We have recovered over $1 million on behalf of clients
- No recovery, no fee guarantee
What To Do After a Collision
The time after a car accident can be extremely confusing, especially if you’ve never been involved in one before. Collisions leave people rattled, and with a lot to deal with on top of that – from physical injuries to the anxiety and stress of the claims process. Reaves Law Firm is here to guide you through the process so you can focus on healing. After a car accident, take these steps:
- Exchange information, if you can, with the other parties involved
- Seek medical attention, even if you think you don’t need it
- Contact a car accident attorney
Even if you are unsure whether you have a claim, we encourage you to contact Reaves Law Firm so that we can review your case. We’ll give you an initial evaluation for free so you can learn your rights and take the first step forward after a collision.
Call us today at (901) 451-8833 for your free initial consultation!